During the Primary years we work to develop positive habits that our pupils will take with them on their educational journey and which strengthen individual values such as independence, critical thinking, initiative, responsibility and self-regulation, as well as collective values like co-operation, team-work, solidarity, respect and tolerance. We also work on skills such as effective communication, conflict resolution, decision making and collective responsibility.
During the Primary phase of your child’s education, we build on the foundations laid in Preschool, and use them as a base from which to develop the following skills and values:
- Pupils’ all-round development, cultivating intellectual independence and responsibility for their own learning.
- Personalised tutorials with the double aim of creating a secure environment for pupils and maintaining smooth communication with families through different channels.
- Developing working strategies and using problem-solving tools for common classroom issues and for situations in their daily lives.
- Creating real-life situations which require the use of the school’s three working languages: English, Catalan and Spanish. The linguistic experience is further enhanced with the addition of Mandarin Chinese and French or German in Year 6.
- Boosting creativity. We encourage creativity through art, developing projects based upon different painting styles. Likewise, we develop musical creativity, making use of our close links with the Liceu Music School, Barcelona, and our agreement with the Escolania de Montserrat (Montserrat Choir school).
- Physical activity, not only to improve motor skills and general fitness, but as part of a values-based education, taking advantage of our beautiful location and excellent sports facilities.